Core Data Science Courses
All the master students are required to take
- DATA 601 Introduction to Data Science
- DATA 602 Introduction to Data Analysis and Machine Learning
- DATA 603 Platforms for Big Data Processing
- DATA 604 Data Management
- DATA 605 Ethical & Legal Issues in Data Science
- DATA 606 Capstone Project in Data Science (ONLINE)
Note that MPS students need to take ENMG 652 too but since it is not a DATA course, its syllabus is not provided here.
Certificate students need to take DATA 601 – 604 only. They need to get a B or better grade in each class.
The courses below are not offered every semester.
Foundational Data Science Courses
- DATA 690 Special Topics: Statistical Analysis & Visualization with Python
- DATA 690 Special Topics: Mathematical Foundations for Machine Learning
- DATA 690 Special Topics: Data Structures and Algorithms in Python
Applied Data Science Courses (You can’t take these classes before completing DATA 601)
- DATA 690 Special Topics: Applied Machine Learning with MATLAB
- DATA 690 Special Topics: Designing Data-Driven Web Application
- DATA 690 Special Topics: Financial Data Science
Advanced Data Science Courses (You can’t take these classes before completing DATA 602)