Welcome to UMBC’s Professional Studies in Data Science Program Guideline
The Data Science graduate program at UMBC prepares students to respond to the growing demand for professionals with data science knowledge, skills, and abilities. Our program brings together faculty from a wide range of fields who have a deep understanding of the real-world applications of data analytics. UMBC’s Data Science programs prepare students to excel in data science roles through hands-on experience, rigorous academics, and access to a robust network of knowledgeable industry professionals.
These programs were designed with working professionals in mind and offer courses in the evening and online to accommodate students with full-time jobs. With two campuses in Catonsville (near Baltimore) and Shady Grove (near Rockville), students can choose the location that best suits their needs. UMBC offers a 10-course Data Science Master’s program (M.P.S. in Data Science) as well as a 4-course post-baccalaureate certificate in Data Science.
In order to receive the most relevant information, please click on the following links that fit your profile
- A domestic candidate (US citizen or permanent resident of US who doesn’t require visa support) interested in
- An international candidate interested in Master of Professional Studies in Data Science
- Current UMBC graduate student from another program interested in taking Data Science courses
- Current UMBC undergraduate student interested in BS/MPS or taking a Data Science course
- A graduate student at another University of Maryland institution interested in taking Data Science courses